Printed and typewritten, contains uncorrected proof for the American edition of New Selected Poems, which has some autograph notes at the back of the volume. Also includes two dust jackets for the English edition of the collection, which was entitled Selected Poems 1957-1981 and what appears to be a draft list of contents for the volume. A photocopy of the poem 'Song from Bawdry Embraced', which was published in New Selected Poems 1957-1994 is also included.
New Selected Poems and Selected Poems
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88918/1/47
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000177.0x00016c
- Dates of Creation[c 1982-1995]
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Originally found in a cardboard box containing proofs of different works
Three volumes of Selected Poems of Hughes were published, 1957-1967, 1957-1981 and 1957-1994. The British editions of the collections were published by Faber and Faber, and the American editions by Harper and Row.