Typewritten poetry drafts with autograph annotations for the collection of poetry written by Hughes in his capacity as Poet Laureate. Contains drafts of 'The Honey Bee and the Thistle' (written for the wedding of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson), 'A Masque for Three Voices' and 'The Zodiac in the Shape of a Crown' (subtitled 'What The Heavens Sang to Prince William on the 21st July 1982'), which appear to be unpublished. It is unclear whether some of the poetry relating to astrology is part of the poem for Prince William (further information about this poem can be found at http://ann.skea.com/Zodiacpoem.htm). Accompanying notes about a number of poems in the collection that were published as part of the volume are also included.
Rain-Charm For The Duchy
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88918/1/50
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000177.0x00016f
- Dates of Creation[before 1992]
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Originally found in a box file containing material relating to many different works
Not Public Record(s)
First published by Faber and Faber in 1992.