Partly autograph and partly typewritten. Drafts and notes made by Hughes in the course of writing the article, looking at the effect of hunting on the numbers of deer and foxes in the West Country and how such numbers might be affected if a ban was introduced. Including quotations from other sources and a graph used to illustrate the number of Red Deer on Exmoor from 1650.
Article - The Hunt and the Hunted
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88918/6/1
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000177.0x00018f
- Dates of Creation[c 1997]
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Original order of papers has been retained.
Not Public Record(s)
Article written by Hughes also titled 'The Hart of the Mystery' was published in The Guardian on 5th July 1997.