Partly printed and typewritten, partly autograph material relating to a piece which Hughes wrote for the cover of Merwin's publication. Material consists of drafts of Hughes's piece; correspondence between Hughes, Merwin and Merwin's publishers; and a copy of the publication. The letter from Merwin and the autograph draft of Hughes's piece for the volume were on his worktable when he died.
The Folding Cliffs
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb58-addms88918/addms88918/6/5
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88918/6/5
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000177.0x000193
- Dates of Creation8 Aug 1998-11 Aug 1998
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)
The Folding Cliffs: a Narrative in Verse written by W.S. Merwin was published by Alfred A. Knopf in New York in 1998.