Partly typewritten and printed, partly autograph correspondence and papers relating to work done by Hughes and others who were concerned about the reduction in the number of Atlantic salmon, which Hughes felt was due to 'high seas fishery and the big physical changes in the North Atlantic'. Material consists of letters sent about a public inquiry into the rivers, Taw and Torridge; statistics, diagrams and drafts of a document entitled 'Net Limitation Order and Byelaw Proposals for the Rivers Taw and Torridge Proof of Evidence' written by Hughes. Supporting documents written by Charles Inniss, Humphrey Wood, Nigel Reader, Robert Harwood and Stuart Bray are also included.
'Net Limitations Order and Byelaw Proposals for the rivers Taw and Torridge'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88918/121/6-8
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000047.0x000136
- Dates of Creation23 Mar 1995-4 Oct 1998
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description3 folders
Scope and Content
Correspondence within the folder is arranged chronologically at the beginning of Add MS 88918/121/6. Draft papers and notes can be found in all the folders, Add MS 88918/121/6-8.
Not Public Record(s)