Autograph diary entries and notebooks containing research notes, personal reflections, accounts of daily life, names and addresses dating throughout Hughes's life from the mid 1950s.
Diaries and Notebooks
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88918/128-129
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000015.0x00027c
- Dates of Creationc 1955-16 Jul 1998
- Language of MaterialEnglish German Hebrew
- Physical Description24 folders and volumes
Scope and Content
In some cases notebooks and volumes appear to have been used for a number of different purposes including recording diary entries. Where possible notebooks used solely as diaries have been catalogued in one section (Add MS 88918/128/1-5), whilst notebooks that have been used for a number of purposes have been catalogued in Add MS 88918/129/1-18.
Available for research unless otherwise stated
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
23 folders and 1 oversize volume
Some diary material is reserved for Data Protection reasons (parts of Add MS 88918/128/1-3) and all notebooks are reserved until conservation work has been carried out on them. Two notebooks (Add MS 88918/129/4(4) and Add MS 88918/129/5(2)) have also been reserved for Data Protection reasons.