Partly typewritten and partly autograph. Contains annotated copies of the script for the libretto, one of which is described as being 'based on an English version, by Ted Hughes, of the play "L'Histoire De Vasco" by Georges Schehade'. Letters from Gordon Crosse, who wrote the musical score for the opera, including notes on the production, and from Oxford University Press and Sadler's Wells Opera company are also included.
The Story of Vasco
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88918/4/20
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000177.0x00018c
- Dates of Creation16 Sep 1969-12 Mar 1974
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folder
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Originally found in a folder containing other material
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)
The Story of Vasco was commissioned by the Sadler's Wells Opera Company and premiered at the London Coliseum in 1974.