Partly typewritten and printed, partly autograph. Contains typewritten draft of Winter Pollen with autograph annotations, corrections and inserted pages added by Hughes. A draft of an essay on Coleridge included in the volume entitled ‘Myths, Metres, Rhythms’ and drafts of ‘Sylvia Plath’s Collected Poems and The Bell Jar’ are also included, together with a copy of a publicity questionnaire (drawn up in connection with the publication of Selected Poems: in 5 sets) completed by Laura Riding who is the subject of a chapter in the volume.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb58-addms88918/addms88918/3/11
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88918/3/11
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000177.0x000186
- Dates of Creation[before 1994]
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Originally found in a cardboard box containing proofs of different works
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)
Collection of essays by Hughes edited by William Scammell, published in 1994.