Partly typewritten and printed, partly autograph. Contains correspondence between Hughes, Seamus Heaney and staff at Faber and Faber relating to the anthology, including selection of poetry, order of the poetry in the anthology and publicity around its publication. Notes on poems to be included, examples of possible artwork for the volume, a picture of a sculpture entitled 'Salmon of Knowledge' by Conor Fallon and copies of separate interviews about the anthology given by Hughes and Heaney are also included. Notes and faxes about a poetry reading given by Hughes and Heaney with Diana Rigg and Imogen Stubbs for an Arvon Foundation Gala evening (on 2nd March 1997) are also included although their connection to The School Bag is not explained.
The School Bag
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb58-addms88918/addms88918/16/1-2
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88918/16/1-2
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000047.0x00012b
- Dates of Creation24 Jan 1995-9 Mar 1997
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 folders
Scope and Content
Correspondence has been arranged chronologically.
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)