Partly typewritten, partly autograph, consisting of poetry drafts from the Moortown Diary collection, some of which have been annotated and corrected. Also includes copies of contents lists (one of which includes dates beside each of the poems), two printed poetry proofs (one with a dustcover) and drafts entitled ‘'MOORTOWN: Notes To The Poems' with material relating to the collection and Hughes's experiences working on the farm in Devon, which he owned with his wife, Carol.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb58-addms88918/addms88918/1/45
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88918/1/45
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000177.0x00016a
- Dates of Creation[c 1989]
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Originally found in a cardboard box containing proofs of different works
Conditions Governing Access
Collection of thirty four poems originally published under the title Moortown Elegies by Rainbow Press in 1978 and later as Moortown Diary by Faber and Faber Limited in 1989.