Notebook of manuscript recollections and journal notes (nd); Typescript edition of 'The Tigris Mercury' (nd); Booklet "Operations of Indian Expeditionary Force 'D', 1914-1917" (June 1917); 2 photograph albums, with three books of negatives (1918, nd); 2 medals with ribbons (1914-1919); 3 manuscript diaries, with photocopies (1916-1919); Typed transcript of an interview recorded with Peter Liddle (March 1973); Manuscript letter to Peter Liddle (26 February 1973).
J.R.E. Hammond papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb206-liddlecollectionmes041
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection MES 041
- Dates of Creation1914-1973
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript (partly photocopy), typescript, photographs with negatives, and printed material; Includes 2 medals with ribbons.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
J.R.E. Hammond, born in 1891, was a Sapper, Royal Engineers, serving in Mesopotamia.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Other Finding Aids
Mesopotamia catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available