Photograph of the Hunter stallion, "Merry Matchmaker" standing in a field with a man in the early 20th century. The horse, bred by Donald Fraser of Tickford Park, Newport Pagnell, was foaled in 1899 and won many prizes including a first at the Hunters' Improvement Society London Show in 1902 and the gold medal at the Royal Lancashire Show in 1904.
Hunter Stallion, "Merry Matchmaker"
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 237 Coll-1434/2164
- Dates of Creation1870s-1930s
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description82mm by 82mm 1 slide82mm by 82mm
Scope and Content
Catalogued by Kristy Davis as part of Towards Dolly Project, 2012-2013