- Jacobite portraits and relics: photographs, correspondence and other papers c1954-c1966
- Papers concerning the life of Archibald Cameron c1938-c1964
- Typescript (2 copies) of A Parting Gleam concerning the life of Archibald Cameron c1950
- Typescript and holograph notes and drafts of an article by Lord Amulree; photostats of items from the Stuart Papers; bundle of letters from Professor Felix Staehelin of Basle concerning a monograph 1948-1950
- Typescript and holograph notes and transcripts by Lord Amulree; correspondence with London County Council and others about a memorial plaque in Essex Street, London c1950-1966
- Typescript notes, transcripts, correspondence, and photgraphs relating to Prince Charles Edward's 1747 visit to Madrid in c1958
- Album containing 44 photographs of paintings and places (mainly in Europe) connected with the Stuarts c1950
- Typescript article concerning Prince Charles Edward and related papers and photographs c1952
Papers of Basil William Sholto Mackenzie, 1900-1983, 2nd Baron Amulree
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 559 MS 93
- Dates of Creationc1939-1966
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1.5 metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Basil William Sholto Mackenzie, 2nd Baron Amulree was the son of Sir William Warrender Mackenzie, 1st Baron Amulree and Lilian Bradbury. He was born on 25 July 1900 at South Kensington, London, England. He was educated at Lancing School and went on to study medicine at Cambridge University (Gonville and Caius College). He graduated from Cambridge University with the degree of Doctor of Medicine (M.D.). He was a Member of the Royal College of Physicians, London (M.R.C.P.). He succeeded to the title of 2nd Baron Amulree, of Strathbraan, Perth, Scotland in May 1942 . He died on 15 December 1983 , unmarried. On his death, the Barony of Amulree became extinct.
Source: G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume XIII.
The arrangement of this material reflects the original order in which it was received
Conditions Governing Access
Bequest: Lord Amulree: 1983
Other Finding Aids
Further details about the collection are held on Stirling University Library web-based catalogue http://libcat.stir.ac.uk/.
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Manager, Library Liaison and Training.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 559 procedures
Formerly in the custody of Lord Amulree
Location of Originals
This material is original
No known publications using this material
Fonds level description compiled by H M Kemp and Alan Borthwick, Scottish Archive Network project, 10 May 2002.