Comprises manuscript copies of 50 letters written by Beddoes to Kelsall and others between February 1824 and 26 January 1849, chiefly from Germany.
Letters from Thomas Lovell Beddoes to Thomas Forbes Kelsall
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb206-brothertoncollectionmsmisc.letters1beddoes
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Misc. Letters 1 Beddoes
- Dates of Creation1824-1849
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description50 letters (vi, 303 ff.), manuscript. The folios are loose-leaf and held within boards covered with blue cloth. The spine cover is gilt-embossed with the lettering: LETTERS OF T.L.BEDDOES TO T.F.KELSALL. The letters are not autograph, but transcripts attributed to 'Lister'.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Thomas Lovell Beddoes (1803-1849), the poet and physiologist, who spent much of his life in Switzerland and Germany. For fuller details of his life and achievements see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
From the library of Lord Brotherton.