The records are composed of: minutes, 1886-1890, and 1919-1990; miscellaneous correspondence, 1986-1990, and a mailing list master copy; particular letters from James Harvey to R. E. McIntyre, 1945, and from Hugh Falconer to W. T. Cairns, 1931; syllabus, 1886-1990, and duplicate copies; accounts books, 1923-1950 and 1963-1991; and, papers given at the Edinburgh Theological Club, 1893-1925.
Records of the Edinburgh Theological Club
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 237 Coll-760
- Dates of Creation1886-1991
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description11 notebooks, 1 loose-leaf binder, 2 bundles correspondence, 3 individual letters, miscellaneous loose material.
- LocationMSS BOX 50.1-7; MSS BOX 51.1-3
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Edinburgh Theological Club was founded in the 1880s and continued throughout the 20th century.
Generally open for consultation to bona fide researchers, but please contact repository for details in advance.
The biographical/administrative history was compiled using material contained in the collection
Compiled by Graeme D Eddie, Edinburgh University Library, Special Collections Division.
Other Finding Aids
Check the local Indexes for details of any additions.