- MS 101/7;D Log notes, 10 December to 15 December 1825 [Regarding discovery of Bouvetøa] 2 leaves, copy
- MS 101/8;MSM Map and views, 2 November to 2 December 1825 [Thomson's Island and Liverpool Island (Bouvetøa)] tracing
Norris, British Sealing Voyage
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Gorge Norris/British Sealing Voyage
- Dates of Creation2 November 1825 - 15 December 1825
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionMap and log extract
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
While on this British Sealing Voyage, dispatched by Messrs Enderby, Sprightly and Lively rediscovered Bouvetøa Island in the South Atlantic Ocean. Norris was senior commander sailing on board the smack Sprightly. This was on of many sealing voyages dispatched to the southern oceans during the nineteenth century.
Alternative Form Available
These are copies.
Location of Originals
Originals held by the British Admiralty (1982).