- MS 1532/1/29;D Letter to Rev. C.R.Conybeare, 10 July 1875 [Written onboard Alert promising to visit on return]
- MS 498;MJ Letter to Sir George Strong Nares,  May 1876 [Written during the British Arctic Expedition, 1875-1876] holograph, microfilm
- MS 1453/80/1-3;D Letters (3) to Kathleen Scott, 12 July 1912 [2 undated] [Regarding the British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913] 4 leaves, holograph
- MS 1245;D Letter to Robert Falcon Scott, 9 October 1911 [Regarding Amundsen, his appointment as Second Sea Lord] 2 leaves, holograph
- MS 1342/1;BJ Non-polar letters, (circa 220) [1894-1907] [From Cyprian Bridge, Arthur Craig, Lewis Beaumont, W H Feilden, F G Innes Lillingston, G S Nares, Charles Ottley, S C Holland, Reginald Wynn Simpson, A K Wilson, and his family] holograph
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 George Egerton/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1875-1912
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionCirca 226 letters MS 498;MJ is on microfilm
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence written by Egerton relates to his participation in the British Arctic Expedition, 1875-1876 (leader George Strong Nares) and to the British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913 (leader Robert Falcon Scott). The reminder of the correspondence, some 220 letters were written to Egerton primarily between 1894-1907 and relate to non polar topics.
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.
Alternative Form Available
MS 498;MJ is a copy.
MS 498;MJ Original in Public Archives of Canada (1982)