This class consists of periodicals and cuttings which contain reports of addresses and lectures given by Carpenter. These include: a speech to the London Spiritualist Alliance on dream and thought images, 1902 (2/3/1); an address to the Conference of the Head Teachers' Federation in Sheffield in 1904 on 'Citizenship in Schools', 1904 (2/3/2); a speech to the Vegetarian Society, 1909 (2/3/3); a lecture on 'Beauty in Civic Life' in Bolton, 1912 (2/3/4); a statement sent to the Thoreau Centenary meeting at Caxton Hall, Westminster, 1917 (2/3/5); an address to the Annual Meeting of the Humanitarian League at Caxton Hall, 1918 (2/3/6); an undated speech on 'The Rights of the Pig' at a Humanitarian League meeting in Manchester (2/3/7); an undated address at Essex Hall on 'The Simplification of Life' (2/3/8); an undated lecture on real and dream worlds to Sheffield Theosophical Society (2/3/9); an undated lecture at Ancoats [Manchester] on life in China (2/3/10); an undated lecture on 'The Path to Peace' at the King's Weigh House (2/3/11); and an undated address to an ILP meeting in Blackburn, on `Aspects of Socialism' (2/3/12).
Papers relating to Carpenter's lectures
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng 1331/2/3
- Former ReferenceGB 133 R101316 (2/3/2, 4 & 6-11); R101317 (2/3/12).
- Dates of Creation1902-1918 & n.d.
- Physical Description12 items. 1331/2/3/1, 5 & 6 are entire periodicals, and the remaining items are cuttings. 2/3/1 consists of 2 pieces (2 copies of the same periodical); 2/3/3 has 6 sheets;