Five notebooks of the Gul Khan Nasir's Baluchi poetry in his own hand, some written in Central Jail, Mach, Pakistan.
Gul Khan Nasir
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 380635
- Dates of Creation1945 - 1975
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialBaluchi
- Physical Description1 box
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Gul Khan Nasir (1914-1981) was born in Nuski and educated in Quetta and Lahore. Considering Balochi his first language he was instrumental in the first publishing venture in 1951, which included his own poetry. He became Minister of Education in the Baluchistan Provincial Government but was imprisoned in 1973 along with other members of the government by the Bhutto regime. He was released in 1978.
Conditions Governing Access
Presented to the Library by Miss Fatima Mengal.