Correspondence between Max Clements Richter of The Book Den, Santa Barbara, California and Donald Wing of Yale University Library, relating to the purchase of Gissing material, including Owens College Magazine proofs, a publisher's agreement relating to The Unclassed and a number of Gissing autograph letters and copies of several items of Gissing material which Yale could not afford to purchase.
- /1: Letter from Wing to Richter, dated 10 November 1941, requesting prices for Gissing material;
- /2: Letter from Richter to Wing, dated 15 November 1941, enclosing a bill for items received (2 sheets);
- /3: Letter from Richter to Wing, dated 17 November 1941, forwarding Gissing items, which are listed (3 pieces);
- /4: Letter from Wing to Richter, dated 15 December 1941, requesting permission to copy some material;
- /5: Letter from Richter to Wing, dated 22 December 1941, granting permission to make copies;
- /6: Letter from Wing to Richter, dated 30 December 1941, forwarding the costs for copying;
- /7: Yale University memorandum of payment, dated 14 June 1942.