Material relating to the 'The Rediscovery of George Gissing' exhibition held at the National Book League between 23 June and 2 July 1971.
- /1: Typescript early version of the first section of The Rediscovery of George Gissing: A Reader's Guide by John Spiers and Pierre Coustillas (London: National Book League, 1971), relating to Early Life and Family, dated 8 November 1970 (16 sheets);
- /2: Carbon transcript of the introduction to The Rediscovery of George Gissing: A Reader's Guide, dated 16 May 1971 (10 sheets);
- /3: Complete, though heavily revised and annotated, typescript copy of The Rediscovery of George Gissing: A Reader's Guide (216 pp.). With an autograph letter from Spiers to Chris Kohler, dated 9 June 1971 (214 sheets);
- /4: Gramophone record (45 rpm), Interview de Pierre Coustillas sur George Gissing, recorded in June 1971 by the BBC French Service;
- /5: Menu card of the George Gissing Celebration Dinner, held after the exhibition at the Burford Bridge Hotel near Dorking (where the Omar Khayyàm Club met several times). The menu is dated 7 July 1971 and signed by Clodd, Coustillas, Kohler, Spiers and others;
- /6: 17 pieces of (mainly) printed ephemera relating to the exhibition, including a press release, invitation, flyer, various newsclippings and the July 1972 issue of The Gissing Newsletter;
- /7: 12 black and white photographic prints of the Gissing exhibition, June-July 1971 (various sizes).