Letters from George Gissing's son Alfred to Max Clements Richter (1884-1973), bookseller, The Book Den, California. Richter began collecting Gissing material in the 1930s. He first wrote to Kohler in July 1969, and responding to an advertisement placed by Kohler in The Clique.
Letters from Alfred Gissing to M.C. Richter, Bookseller
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 GRG/2/1/4
- Dates of Creation11 May 1932-28 Jul 1969
- Physical Description8 items.
Scope and Content
These letters were sold by Richter to Francis Stuart Burd [via Gilboys] in 1958.