Seven photographs of various locations in London relating to or depicted in some of Gissing's novels, with pencil notes on reverse:
- /1: Photograph of Farringdon Street, E.C., as in In the Year of Jubilee (1894);
- /2: Photograph of Colville Place, off Charlotte Street, W.1, where Gissing had rooms in 1878;
- /3: Photograph of Hoxton Street, N.1, showing the district described in Demos (1886);
- /4: Photograph of Wilton Square, New North Road, Islington, N.1, showing houses as described in Demos;
- /5: Photograph of Walnut Tree Walk, Lambeth, S.E.1, showing houses as described in Thyrza (1887);
- /6: Photograph of Lambeth Walk, S.E.1, as described in Thyrza;
- /7: Photograph of Walcot Square, Kennington, S.E.1, as described in Thyrza.
Black and white prints.