Comprises a poem of 16 lines, principally on the indignity of living under the domination of another man.
Drafts of two poems, attributed to John Hanson
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt q 43
- Dates of Creationca. 1630-1640
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folio, manuscript. An autograph draft with revisions, probably unfinished, with another draft poem and a draft letter written at the request of 'Hancome'; headed '?John Hanson' in pencil in a modern hand. Verso contains only just over one line of text written upsidedown in relation to the main text on recto, probably in the same hand.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Hanson, the poet, graduated B.A. from Peterhouse, Cambridge in 1604. He is best known as the author of Time is a Turn-coate, or England's Threefold Metamorphosis, written in 1604.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased at Sotheby's on 21 August 1981.
Other Finding Aids
The poem is indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bcltq43