Typescript in two volumes of David Lennox, Working Class Life in Dundee for twenty five years: 1878 to 1903.
Volume I: Analysis.
Volume II: 306 Statistical Tables.
The intention of the author in Volume I is less to give an historical account of 'Working Class Life' than to provide a sociological explanation for a wide range of 'working class' conditions and circumstances using data derived from various Dundee sources which is laid out in the tables in Volume II.
The headings addressed are:-
- Modern Sources of Population.
- Anthropological data including analysis of recruiting returns.
- Climate and water supply.
- Vital statistics including medical aspects of tobacco and alcohol.
- Chief occupations and wage groups.
- Housing conditions.
- Food, Clothing.
- Provident arrangements.
- Drunkenness and Crime.