The main purpose of the trip was field work on the vegetation and flora above the tree line in areas near the Tien Shan, Shihezi /Urumqi and North East Qinghai. Pontecorvo explained how his China colleagues invested "all sorts of excuses" to prevent him going to these areas above the tree line.
Copy of a letter from Pontecorvo to Lord MacLehose concerning his recent trip to China and "the complete failure of the main purpose"
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 UGC 198/5/5/15
- Dates of Creation19 Aug 1988
- Physical Description1 card and 1 letter (4 pages)