The Sprigge collection of papers at E2008.47 is composed of:
- - curriculum vitae, life-diary (key events), and unpublished papers including 'What I believe'
- - photographs
- - obituaries
- - letters from philosophers, 1967-2003
- - copy of Ph.D thesis: 'The limits of morals defined'
- - Spinoza - lecture notes - adult education/extra-mural
- - references/works by others on Sprigge
- - reviews of Sprigge's work
- - journals and off-prints
There are other substantial lecture notes too, on:
- - William James, including lecture given at Birkbeck
- - Santayana
- - F. H. Bradley
- - Descartes
- - truth
- - ontology
- - philosophy of animal rights, and animal rights
- - idealism
- - semi-popular themes
The Sprigge collection of papers at E2009.24 is composed of:
- - 'The vindication of absolute idealism' - typescript and corrections
- - correspondence - William James; F. H. Bradley
- - material relating to Thomas Aikenhead
- - correspondence, 1960-1998
- - 'Ontology of the past: Whitehead - Santayana
- - Roslin
- - book chapters - The god of Spinoza; Spinozism and religion
- - notebooks - Truth, belief and objectivity; Concept of god
- - assorted notes and correspondence
- - Professor Green and Mr. Grey
- - Spinoza on god and nature
- - conferences - poster for University of Edinburgh 7-9 July 2009. The metaphysics of consciousness. A conference in honour of T.L.S.Sprigge (1932-2007); programme for Philosophical Society of England conference 27 June 2009. Reflections on ethics, religion and metaphysics
An additional small tranche of papers is at E2009.28, and is composed of:
- - photographs
- - letters, undated, and 1971-1999
- - assorted papers, one of which is a piece on 'Private languages...'
Contained in the tranche at E2009.40 is the following:
- - edited chapters of 'The Phenomenology of Thought'
- - unedited manuscript of the 'Thought book', being 'The Phenomenology of Thought', including notes for the main statement, the 'substitution view' which is the central chapter, and the main bulk of the unedited ms
- - disks containing text of the 'Thought book'
- - disks containing text of the 'God book'