Music composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams, O.M. (18720-1958). Mostly autograph.
Vaughan Williams Manuscripts
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2027 Add MS 50361-50482
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000052.0x00000f
- Dates of Creationc 1896-1958
- Language of MaterialEnglish German
- Physical Description122 volumes
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Classified as follows:
- A. Symphonies: Add MS 50361-50384.
- B. Concertos, etc.: Add MS 50385-50392.
- C. Smaller instrumental works: Add MS 50393-50405.
- D. Operas, ballets and masques: Add MS 50406-50421.
- E. Film and incidental music: Add MS 50422-50433.
- F. Other vocal works, etc.: Add MS 50434-50482.
Conditions Governing Access
Presented by Mrs Joan Ursula Vaughan Williams, widow of the composer, in 1960 with the co-operation of Messrs. Boosey and Hawkes, Ltd.; J. Curwen and Sons, Ltd.; Novello and Co.; Ltd., Stainer and Bell, Ltd.; Oxford University Press and the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Folio, unless otherwise noted.
- B.M.Q., xxiv, 1961, pp. 3-11;
- A. E. F. Dickinson, 'The Vaughan Williams Manuscripts', The Music Review, xxiii, 1962, pp. 177-94;
- A. E. F. Dickinson, Vaughan Williams, 1963;
- M. Kennedy, The Works of Ralph Vaughan Williams, new ed., 1980,
- M. Kennedy, A Catalogue of the Works of Ralph Vaughan Williams, revised ed., 1982