The file comprises letters, 1976-1980, mainly to the Secretary of the Committee, in typescript and handwritten form, including some appended information sheets and leaflets, together with carbon copies of letters sent. The letters relate to the organising of meetings and conferences, canvassing for affiliations and receipt of subscriptions, requests for information, collaboration with similar organisations involved in race relations work, the establishment of branches in Swansea and Cardiff and responses to newspaper articles and letters in the press. -- The correspondence is mainly with representatives of various major trades union organisations, the Trades Union Congress, the Wales Trades Union Congress, and several local Trades Union Councils in Wales. There are also letters from prominent politicians, members of parliament and the major political parties in Wales, especially the Labour Party, as well as from religious bodies and organisations specifically representing ethnic minorities.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 /1
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004260632(alternative) (WlAbNL)0000260632
- Dates of Creation1976-1980
- Language of MaterialEnglish, some letters in Welsh.
- Physical Description12 cm. (2 boxes)
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Arrangement: Original order.
Preferred citation: /1