A volume recording the household expenses of Titus Hibbert, merchant, of Manchester, from January 1770 to November 1795, i.e. for the period between the death of his wife and his own death. Imperfect, some 25 folios (June 1770-December 1780) being missing between the present folio 55 and folio 56. At the end (folio 128v) is the following note: Titus Hibbert died Novr. 27th 1795. MSS. of my father, the late Saml. Hibbert-Ware, M.D. of Edinburgh, [signed] Titus Hibbert-Ware, Hale, Cheshire, 1850. Folio 129 contains a Character of the before mentioned Titus Hibbert compiled from observations made by his grandson, the late Saml. Hibbert-Ware of Edinburgh, M.D., to me Titus Hibbert-Ware, written in 1850.
Household Expenses Account Book
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 989
- Dates of Creation1770-1795
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description405 x 164 mm. 1 volume (129 folios); Binding: cloth boards.
Scope and Content
Bookplate of Samuel Hibbert-Ware.