The volume contains predominantly culinary recipes for meat dishes, soups, jellies, puddings and other desserts, sauces and wines, together with recipes for making blacking, soap, furniture polish and other household cleaning products, and housekeeping instructions, e.g. on polishing furniture and cleaning silk. The recipes appear to have been collected from diverse sources, as they are written on differently sized pieces of papers in various hands. Entitled Family Receipts, tooled in gilt on the spine label.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 1030
- Dates of CreationEarly 19th century
- Physical Descriptionvarious sizes. 1 volume (143 folios);