- EacBen Container Services telephone lists and sailing schedules, 1991-1992;
- Benalder VI, Benarty VII and Benavon IV handover correspondence with East Asiatic Company Ltd, 1992;
- EAC technical handover correspondence and draft notifications to Masters of sale of ships, 1992;
- Benalder VI, Benarty VII and Benavon IV manning agreement, 1992;
- Crew redundancy payments and crew lists, 1992;
- Redundancy arrangements and RMT union ballot on redundancy offer, 1992;
- Memorandum of Agreement and outstanding items dispute with EAC, 1992-1993.
East Asiatic Company handover documentation
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 UGC 199/4/12
- Dates of Creation1991-1993
- Physical Description7 files.
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
On 30 June 1992 the Ben Line Group sold its interests in the Europe/Far East container trade, including its containers and the ships Benalder VI, Benarty VII and Benavon IV, to its EacBen partner, the East Asiatic Company Ltd (EAC). Technical management of the ships passed to EAC on 1 July 1992 and Benmarine continued to provide manning for the vessels for a month or 2.
Arranged chronologically within record series.