Typescript recollections 'My Voyage to India' (June 1916); Press cuttings (November 1915, May 1918, May 1919, December 1932, January 1968); 45 photostat photographs (1916-1919); Manuscript recollections (October 1979); Photocopied recollections 'The Peoples of India, their way of life, as experienced during my travels all over India and the Border States during the years 1916-1920' (nd).
Sydney Smith papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection IND 35
- Dates of Creation1915-1979
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs, press cuttings, and printed material (partly photocopy or photostat).
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sydney C. Smith was born at Faversham, Kent, in 1894. As a Private, 1st Battalion, Kent Cyclists, from Christmas 1912, he served at Bangalore and on the North-West Frontier of India from 1916 to 1920.
Access is unrestricted.
Other Finding Aids
India catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available