Contains: (1) Summaries of Aristotle's "Posterior analytics" and "Ethics"; (2) Notes on Clichtoverus, "De voluntaria"; T. Bricot, "in 2o libro Physicorum Aristotelis"; "Liber Gocle: R." (i.e. R. Goclenius, "Problemata logicorum", 1590/1); "Israel reges"; notes on Josephus
Miscellany notebook on philosophical subjects, compiled possibly by William Birch the younger
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Ripon Cathedral MS 33
- Dates of Creationca.1590?
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialLatin
- Physical Description1 vol. (22 ff.) Imperfect, ff.1-12 are foliated 38-49. The folio numbered 49 is blank. Bound in a parchment manuscript wrapper, which contains Latin text with capitals illuminated in red and blue.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Birch the younger (fl. 1590) was the son of William Birch fl. 1560 and cousin of Anthony Higgin, Dean of Ripon (1608-1624). The attribution of this miscellany is made to him because one of the works included in it, namely, "Problemata logicorum", by R. Goclenius, 1590/1, is inscribed "Liber G. Byrch"
Access is unrestricted
From the library of Anthony Higgin, Dean of Ripon (1608-1624)
Formerly shelved as XVIII.G.19