Photocopies and enlargements from microfilm of parts of plays by Aeschylus, including Agamemnon, Persae and Choephoroe.
Copies of Plays by Aeschylus
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Eduard Fraenkel (1888-1970) was a classical scholar. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The copies were given to the Library by Professor E. Fraenkel in 1953.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
Conditions Governing Use
Copies may be made only with the permission of the owners.
The originals are located as follows:
- MS. Facs. d. 93 - Naples, Biblioteca Nazionale II F. 31 fol. 116v-159r
- MS. Facs. d. 94 - Venice, Marc. gr. 468 (now 653?) fol. 78r-79v, Marc. gr. 663 (olim 616) fol. 109r-114v; Naples, Bibl. Naz. II F. 31 fol. 112v-113r, 117v-118r; Florence, Laur. 31. 8 fol. 71r; Cambridge University Library Adv. b. 3. 3 pp. 228, 314, 316, 318
- MS. Facs. d. 95 - Leiden, Universiteits Bibliotheek 756 D. 21 pp. 165-7, 171-2, 175-208, 210-229
- MSS. Facs. d. 96-7 - Paris, Bibliothque Nationale grec 2791