3 diaries, with summary notes (March 1915-October 1918); Manuscript recollections, with summary notes (nd); Photocopy of German telegram, 7 August 1914, with covering letter from B.E.T. Herbert (nd); Reprinted extract "Captivity After Kut: My Experiences in the Hands of the Turks" by Private Laurence Eyres (22-24 January 1919); Typed transcript of an interview recorded with Peter Liddle (July 1976).
Tom Osmond papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection MES 075
- Dates of Creation1914-1976
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish German
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, and printed material (partly photocopy). Includes a German telegram.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Tom Osmond was born at Thorpe-le-Soken, Essex, in 1884 and educated at Emmanuel College, Cambridge. As a Captain, RAMC (Royal Army Medical Corps), attached to Norfolk Regiment, he served in India and Mesopotamia. He was held POW (Prisoner of War) after the Siege of Kut. Later he became a Colonel.
Access is unrestricted.
In English, but with a little German.
Other Finding Aids
Mesopotamia catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available