A series of letters written in connection with R.M. Beverley's attack on Cambridge University. On a flyleaf is a list of contents and note of transfer to the Library.
1. Draft of letter from Adam Sedgwick to the editor of the Leeds Mercury [7 January 1834].
2, 3. Cuttings from the Leeds Mercury and Cambridge chronicle.
4. Letter from Edward Raines to A. Sedgwick, 11 January 1834.
5. Same to the same [27 January 1834], with copies of verses.
6. Cutting from the Leeds Mercury.
7. Letter from W. Sharpe to Sedgwick, 5 February 1834.
8. Draft of a letter from Sedgwick to the editor of the Leeds Mercury [18 February 1834], in the hand of Joseph Romilly.
9. Cutting from the Leeds Mercury.
10. Letter from I.M. Ball to Sedgwick, 10 February 1834.
11-13. Cuttings from the Leicester journal and Leeds Mercury.
14-16. Letters from G.A. Browne to Sedgwick, 24 May 1834; H. Burton to Browne, 30 May 1834; and Browne to [Sedgwick], undated.
17. Copy of a letter from Sedgwick to the editor of the Leeds Mercury, 2 June 1834.
18-20. Cuttings from the Leeds Mercury and The Times.