At the beginning of the Book are signed minutes for the Publications Committee, 1840-1852. These are followed by Proceeding of the Council of the Royal Asiatic Society, 1871-1891, signed minutes. Also includes:
- Proceedings of the Council of the Royal Asiatic Society Special Meeting, 26 June 1885
- Proceedings of the Sub-Committee of the Royal Asiatic Society, 6 Sep 1895
- Memo with regard to the Salary of the Secretary
- Special Meeting of the Council 2 November 1895
Hardcover bound lined notebook with red/brown leather cover. New binding. Handwritten.
There are several inserts:
- Newspaper cutting concerning the "Endowment of Oriental Studies at Oxford" inserted into Minutes for 18 June 1877
- Handwritten note inserted into Minutes for 17 December 1877 "From the Publishers: Vedische Mythologie, A. Hillebrand"
- Handwritten letter inserted into Minutes for 21 June 1886 with report from Committee appointed to consider the letter concerning the study of Eastern languages in England, Signed Robert Madagan. Also Letter inserted into Minutes for 21 June 1886 regarding the Seventh International Oriental Congress, signed J. Buhler
- Minutes for adjourned Special Meeting of Council of RAS, 3 January 1887
- Letter inserted into Minutes for 18 July 1887 concerning proposal for thanks to be given to F J [Goldsmid] for his role as Secretary to the Society