Medals, ribbons and regimental buttons (1914-1920); Manuscript letter to his grandmother (nd); Published extract "Normal Formations in the Attack" by H.V. Bragg (nd); Typescript 'Report on Siege of Rumaithah', 1920 (nd); Typescript 'The Adventures of Ali Kuli Khan' (nd); Cigarette card album "Military Uniforms of the British Empire Overseas" (nd); Booklet "The Alamein Memorial, 1939-1945: Introduction to the Register" (1954); Miscellaneous papers relating to The Jat Regiment Officer's Association (May 1981-April 1982).
H.V. Bragg papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection MES 015
- Dates of Creation1914-1982
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, and printed material; Includes medals, ribbons, and regimental buttons.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
H.Vyner Bragg was a Captain, later Major, 99th Infantry, Indian Army, and 9th Jat Regiment, serving in Mesopotamia. He also served in the Second World War and was killed in action at El Alamein.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by R.H. Bragg (son). See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
Mesopotamia catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available