Comprises 85 English poems, many of them political or satirical, and a few in Latin. Some of the poems by Richard Graham, Viscount Preston, are possibly autograph.
Collection of loose sheets containing predominantly English poems, much of it political, compiled by John Gibson
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt q 52
- Dates of Creationca. 1623-1711
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish Latin
- Physical Description1 box containing 106 ff., manuscript. Collection of loose sheets in many different hands, some of them originally sent as letters.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Gibson (fl. 1711), apparently of Welburn, North Yorkshire, is not otherwise known.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased at Sotheby's on 31 July 1991.
Mainly in English, but with some Latin.
Other Finding Aids
The poems are indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bcltq52