The collection consists of correspondence, term cards, papers, photogrographs, and a card index of members.
Papers of the Oxford Canning Club
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 Dep. b. 251, c. 782-3, e. 382
- Dates of Creation[ca. 1940]-1990
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description4 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Oxford Canning Club, a university club to promote and discuss Tory principles, was founded in 1861.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were deposited in the Library in 1990.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.