Includes reflections on what Margaret Pilkington has read and sermons she has heard, particularly regarding the nature of God, life and death in light of the ongoing war. In an entry for 20 February she writes that she would be willing to volunteer for the Women's National service, questioning the utility of her own work. On 25 February she is found to be underweight and reacts with guilt at having to eat more during wartime. Descriptions of a trip to Wales, 21 June to 6 July, one to London, 11 to 24 October, and one to Harrogate, 10 to 12 November. There are also details of girls' club activities.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 PIL/1/2/1
- Dates of CreationJan-Dec 1917
- Physical Description1 volume. Condition: cover missing.