Margaret Pilkington's sketchbooks contain works in ink, pencil, paint and pastels. Many of the sketches are from holidays in England and abroad, in particular France in 1923 and 1951, and Nigeria in 1960. Recurrent themes are landscape features such as hills, and the details of rural life: goats, chickens and local people.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 PIL/1/4/1
- Dates of Creationc.1917-c.1960
- Physical Description17 items. Condition: the bindings are not in very good condition on any of the sketchbooks. Those whose binding is in particularly poor condition are highlighted.
Scope and Content
The arrangement recorded in the 1998 box list has been retained but there is no discernible order to the sketchbooks.