This is the largest section of the archive and covers many different aspects of Margaret Pilkington's life. The personal papers cover Margaret Pilkington's correspondence with her wide circle of friends, family and professional acquaintances, the day to day events of her life as recorded in her appointment diaries, accounts of her extensive foreign travels, examples of the art she created and material she kept relating to her recognised achievements.
Personal papers and art work of Margaret Pilkington
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 PIL/1
- Dates of Creation1908-1974
- Physical Description5 series; 212 items.
Scope and Content
The personal papers are divided into five series:
- PIL/1/1: Correspondence;
- PIL/1/2: Diaries;
- PIL/1/3: Travel writing;
- PIL/1/4: Artistic works, lectures, talks and exhibitions;
- PIL/1/5: Papers relating to Margaret Pilkington's public role.