Deeds and other papers concerning the property of the Loveday family, including property in Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Bedfordshire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire, Worcestershire, London, Rutland, Derbyshire, Surrey, and Northamptonshire. The collection includes a pedigree of the Loveday family (MS. Top. Oxon. c. 597/12, fol. 7v).
Loveday Family Papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.ch.beds.45-6;ch.berks.1234-9;ch.derbys.62-4;ch.glos.194-7;ch.londonandmiddx.524;ch.northants.52;ch.rutland3;ch.surrey95;ch.warws.69-73;ch.worcs.211;ch.oxon.4594-978;top.oxon.b.259;top.oxon.c.596-7;d.d.lovedayc.1-13
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Ch. Beds. 45-6; Ch. Berks. 1234-9; Ch. Derbys. 62-4; Ch. Glos. 194-7; Ch. London and Middx. 524; Ch. Northants. 52; Ch. Rutland 3; Ch. Surrey 95; Ch. Warws. 69-73; Ch. Worcs. 211; Ch. Oxon. 4594-978; Top. Oxon. b. 259; Top. Oxon. c. 596-7; D.D. Loveday c.1-13
- Dates of Creation1482-1914
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and Latin.
- Physical Description427 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Loveday family of Williamscote, Oxfordshire.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The majority of the papers were purchased by the Library in 1970. MSS D.D. Loveday c. 1-13 were deposited in 1967, 1971 and 1972.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.