- MS 957;BJ 'Scott, Christchurch to Cape Evans' 1969 [Score and recording for horns and percussion in 4 movements] 1 volume (Recording in Institute recorded sound library accession 29 spool 16)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Donald Stratton/Composition
- Dates of Creation1969
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionComposition and recording tape recording of the score.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The composition is 'the beginning of a series utilizing various vocal/instrumental combinations based on [Scott's] expeditions'.
Robert Falcon Scott led two expeditions to Antarctica, The British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904 and the British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913, he died returning from the South pole in March 1912.