- MS 1226/26;D Letter to Sir James Clark Ross, 15 June 1841 [Regarding the health of Francis Crozier] 1 leaf, holograph
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Dr John Robertson/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation15 June 1841
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionLetter
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence is with Sir James Clark Ross who commanded the British Naval Expedition, 1839-1843 (Antarctic waters) and the British Naval Franklin Search Expedition, 1848-1849 (Arctic waters). Robertson served on both expeditions. Francis Crozier commanded HMS Terror during the Antarctic expedition and again during the British Naval Northwest Passage Expedition, 1845-1848 (leader Sir John Franklin) which disappeared en route to Lancaster Sound.