Contains 103 English poems from the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries, together with some prose pieces and excerpts from dramatic works of the time.
Commonplace-book containing original and transcribed eighteenth and early nineteenth-century English verse and prose, including references to several theatrical performances
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 100
- Dates of Creationca. 1775-1810
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol. (119 ff.), manuscript. Written in several different hands from both ends of the volume, meeting between f.47v and f.48r. Bound in vellum with some blind tooling, worn and somewhat discoloured.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The compilers of this collection are unknown.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Heath's bookshop on 25 November 1993.
Other Finding Aids
The poems are indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt100