Study Number 3505: Foreign Ethnographic Collections in Scotland: Location, description, acquisition and provenance of ethnographic object(s); general and environmental conditions of ethnographic collections; museum policies towards ethnographic material. This dataset includes tailor made browsing software.
Study Number 3573: Database of Irish Historical Statistics, Language, 1851-1911: Includes - Irish only speakers and Irish/English speakers grouped by baronies, age groups and gender (1851-1891) and Irish only speakers and Irish/English speakers grouped by counties, age groups and gender (1901-1911).
Study number 4101 to 4102, and 4105: Digest of Welsh Historical Statistics: The main tables are:
- Occupations, 1801-1971
- Occupations by sex, by county, 1801-1971
- Employment. Estimated number of insured employees (employed and unemployed), by sex and industry, 1939-1974
- Number and percentage of unemployed, by sex, 1923-1975
- Unemployment: vacancies unfilled, by sex, 1949-1974
- Unemployment by age groups, duration and sex, 1935-1940, 1946-1976
- Number of persons placed in employment by employment exchanges and youth employment services, 1948-1974
- Number of Trades Councils and number of Trade Union members represented, 1894-1924
- Total number of workpeople affected by, and days lost through, industrial disputes, 1891-1913
- Industrial disputes by industry, 1897-1974
Study Number 4493: British Speeches, 1870 to 1914, and German Speeches, 1871 to 1912: This data collection contains the texts of Speeches in Reply made in the British Parliament, and Speeches from the Throne made in the German Reichstag in the period 1870-1914 and 1871-1921 respectively. Also included are two British equivalence files. The first equivalence file, British Speech Full Equivalence Deck, includes (a) geographic equivalences, (b) General Inquirer political dictionary, and (c) words from the British text equivalence under either (a) or (b). The second equivalence file, British Speech Equivalence Deck, Geographic Only, is a shortened version of the first equivalence file with about one hundred keywords in three dimensions: geographic, affect, and strength.
Study Number 4539: Prohibition Movement in the United States, 1801 to 1920: This dataset contains information on the prohibition status of counties in the United States from 1801 to 1920. For each county in the continental United States prohibition status is recorded annually from its date of creation or 1801, whichever came later. State level prohibition status is also identified.
Study Number 4635: Art and Industry in the Eighteenth Century: The data contain information regarding manufacturers, consumers, artists, designers, decorators and finishers in the ceramics and glass industries in a number of English towns and counties (particularly Bristol and Liverpool). Details were collected of the associations and connections of these individuals and their techniques, along with information about the places in which they worked, the products they produced, and the sources from which this information derived.