Pencil sketch of mosque (nd); 2 watercolour sketches (nd); German postcard (nd); Typescript verse 'The Motor-Lorry Man' by A.L. Jones (1918); Photograph of Princess Mary (nd); Overseas service stripes (nd); 41 photographs (nd); 18 postcards (21 October 1918, 3 November 1918); Soldier's pay book (9 March 1916-14 June 1919); Identity discs and shoulder titles (nd); Christmas card (1914); Kantara military railway movement order (nd); Combined leave and railway ticket (nd); Field medical c (2Cgy9 October 1917); Concert programme (nd); Demobilization certificate (25 September 1919); Map of Palestine (August 1918).
William Williams papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection EP 089
- Dates of Creation1914-1919
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish German
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs, postcards, and printed material. Includes a Christmas card, stripes, a leave and railway ticket, and a map.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William E. Williams, born in 1891, was a Trooper, 5th Company, Imperial Camel Corps, serving in Egypt/Palestine.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
In English, but with a little German.
Other Finding Aids
Egypt/Palestine catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available